Position: Electronic Technologist
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Assemble and test printed circuit boards and electromechanical systems as well as provide hardware design support and troubleshooting. You will work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop products and systems for a wide range of applications. Based in our Ottawa office, some travel, primarily in Canada and USA, may be required.
- Conduct testing and assembly/packaging of electronic prototypes
- Assist in PCB layout and schematic capture
- Design, assemble and maintain equipment, processes and systems
- Participate in the development of test procedures
- Participate in the analysis of test results and data
- Perform other duties such as shipping, receiving, inventory control, and housekeeping
- Diploma in electronics engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, instrumentation or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent advanced education
- Experience with high precision manual soldering
- Experience using electronic test equipment and instrumentation
- Experience in troubleshooting electronics
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and instrumentation is desirable
- Knowledge of microcontroller firmware development is desirable
- Knowledge of QA principles and safety practices is desirable
- Eligible for Government of Canada security clearance.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please give the position that you are applying for. Only selected candidates will be contacted. As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in Dunn Engineering.