Position: Embedded Design Engineer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Develop firmware for embedded systems (Embedded Linux, RTOS, single loop design), from specification through to integration and acceptance. You will work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop products and systems for a wide range of industries. Based in our Ottawa office, some travel, primarily in Canada and USA, may be required.
- Develop firmware (C/C++) for embedded systems.
- Support hardware design and development.
- Participate in system design.
- Preparations of specifications and other design documents.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and resolve problems.
- Support preparation of proposals and the sales process.
- Work directly with clients.
- 5+ years’ experience of firmware development for microcontrollers using C/C++.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and real time operating systems (RTOS) desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience developing and debugging common low-level interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C, etc).
- Familiarity with data communication protocols (TCP/IP, Modbus, CANbus, BACnet, etc).
- PC application development experience using VB.NET or C# desirable.
- Experience with the complete software design cycle, from requirement definition through to system integration and verification.
- Eligible for Government of Canada security clearance.
- Prepared to travel.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please give the position that you are applying for. Only selected candidates will be contacted. As we cannot respond to every enquiry, thank you in advance for your interest in Dunn Engineering.